WHERE SEO AND MARKETING INTERSECT
SCOTCH & SEO
As long as people type something in Google, SEO matters. However if you are going to ask us to guarantee you a position on the first page of Google for your main keywords, we have a list of SEO houses that will try to help you. (Hint: They are over-priced and use out-dated practices.) If you’re interested in talking about smart strategy, then keep reading. We can help.
Google is in the business of providing the best search results for what we type in. Test any search term you want and check out the home page of Google. It’s packed with ratings and useful articles written with the intent of helping the consumer. It is generally not packed with product or service pages.
A RULE OF THUMB IS TO BUILD A SITE FOR A USER, NOT A SPIDER.
— Dave Naylor
HERE IS AN
Type in “best Scotch”.
This is what came up for us:
- 12 Best Scotch Whiskies Under $250
- 10 Best Scotch Whiskies Under $100
- Best — Top 10 Single Malt Scotch
- The Scotch Bucket List: 15 Bottles you Need to try at Least Once
- Best Scotch — Highland — Single Malt Whisky 2015
- The Fifty Best Single Malt Scotch
- The 10 Best Bottles of Scotch on the Planet
- 18 Best Bottles of Scotch in the World
- Best Single Malts
- Top 10 Single Malt & Blended Whiskies
HOW TO GET YOUR BRAND THERE
There are a number of strategies that help increase your rankings:
- Paid advertising.
- Kick ass content that serves your crowd, not your brand.
- Tune up your site for the web, not just Google. Pinterest has been dubbed the second Google. Think about that for a minute and consider the increasing number of Pinterest boards you see on page one of Google for some search terms. Yelp, Slideshare among others and industry specific sites that dominate SERPS for your industry should be a part of your strategy.
AS GOOGLE EVOLVES,
SO DOES OUR STRATEGY
Every site needs to be technically tight. Period. On-page optimization and local SEO are also important. Once that foundation is set, it’s time to move your efforts off of your site to build out a strong digital strategy that creates brand awareness and drives traffic for your site.
TECHNICAL TUNE UP
MONTHLY STARTING FROM
$500 (FOR A 5-PAGE SITE)
MONTHLY STARTING FROM
DO YOU WANT TO LEARN MORE?
Drop us a note to firstname.lastname@example.org or give us a call to (604) 970 – 7516.